Thursday, October 28, 2010

An idea to cover unwantedly seen vents, outlets etc

So I currently live in military base housing. (My fabulous hubby is in the Marine Corps!) And sometimes these houses can be strangely constructed. ( I know you fellow military wives are smiling in agreement with me)  This house I moved into, on base has a LARGE air flow vent for our AC, on the wall right when you walk in the front door.  I think its a strange place to put a vent AND it must be covered!  So what I did was take an old shutter I purchased at a yard sale, painted it a semi gloss black (primitive decor is never in finishes of high shine, gotta keep that rustic look) Hung a primitive sign and photos of my wonderful family on it.(Glue dots are awesome for making photos stick to things!) I also staged it with other primitive items to give it a layered look.  Now you can hardly see that annoying vent! 
You can do this in any style of decor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment